WSCA Benefits for Registered Coaches
If you haven't already, now is a good time to make sure you are a registered member of the Washington State Coaches Association.
What are the benefits of becoming a WSCA member?
- This $40 question is asked by many high school coaches in our state.
- The first answer is that the WSCA is a professional organization for Washington State high school & middle level school coaches. It exists to support your efforts as a coach.
THE MAIN PURPOSES ARE:
- To offer top quality, affordable places to member coaches in the area’s of professional education and training, to earn clock hours and coaching education hours.
- To offer a pass, using your membership card, for entry into ALL WIAA state tournaments, ALL regional tournaments, and ALL district tournament games, state wide!
- To offer Liability Insurance coverage of $3.5 million for our membership while working a scheduled, sanctioned and supervised WIAA sport or event and or in the classroom.
- To offer your son or daughter, who are eligible, an opportunity to apply for WSCA scholarships. (i.e. Burnett-Ennis, Student Teacher, Terry Ennis-Varsity Gold)
- To be eligible for WSCA Hall of Fame recognition
- To be eligible for WSCA Coach of the Year recognition
- To be eligible to coach in sanctioned WSCA all star games. WIAA will only authorize WSCA sanctioned All-Star events.
- To receive reduced fee’s at WSCA sponsored coaches’ clinics and WIAA clock hours toward coaches education certification and/or salary placement.
- To honor member coaches for their coaching achievements through our Career Award and Life Time Achievement Award programs
- To receive quarterly issues of The Washington Coach magazine. Magazine is now online at www.washcoach.net or, upon request, coach can receive a hard copy of the magazine mailed to them.
- To provide reimbursement to each sport group for enrollment in WSCA.
- Coordination with the state governing association (WIAA)
- Input through the Individual Sport Association Reps into the WSCA by becoming a member of the WSCA you are taking a proactive approach to avoid problems in the future